Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stupid Easy Recipe

 I promised you recipes, didn't I? I tried this one yesterday, along with 2 others which will not see the light of day. One was downright awful and the other just so so and since it required an expensive cut of beef, see ya! But this one, as an old friend used to say, is "Stupid Easy." You have to say this with the most extreme of southern accents and repeat it several times in the sentence, as in: "I made this pie? With canned milk? And it was stupid easy, I tell you. You just opened a can. I mean it - stupid easy!" Are you reading this with a southern accent? If not, try again. You must say pie like this: Peye. Think The Help. This friend was not a great cook and lots of her stuff which was "Stupid Easy" was also "Really Gross" but I love the expression and it's outlasted her friendship. 

 All you food snobs, you can stop reading now. This recipe requires some really processed ingredients like Cool Whip. YUM.  I know, I know - I usually eat "clean," as the weight lifters say, but I also have a balanced approach to eating/ cooking and need to bust out once in a while. Plus this was kind of fun to make and fun is good, don't you think? So is this peye. 

Stupid Easy Caramel Pie

1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 (6-ounce) package reduced fat graham cracker crust
1 (8-ounce) container frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
1 (1.4-ounce) Skor or Heath bar, coarsely chopped

Equipment: 2 cup glass measure, 3-4 quart slow cooker

1) Pour milk into 2-cup glass measure, cover with foil. Place in a 3-4 quart slow cooker. Add very hot water to slow cooker to reach level of milk in measure. Cover slow cooker with lid; cook on low heat setting 9 hours (milk should be the color of caramel). 

2) Pour caramelized milk into crust; let cool.  Spread whipped topping over pie, and sprinkle with chopped candy. Yield: 8 servings 

Per serving: CAL 327, PRO 5.6g, FAT 8.8g, CARB 53.9g, FIB 0.1g. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds terrific. I saw another stupid easy recipe on Pinterest - box of cake, 20 oz bottle of Diet Sprite. Mix. Bake. Not too many calories or fat and apparently quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete